Are you tired of hearing about an “optimized profile” as if it is the holy grail? What is it really? How do you know when YOUR profile IS optimized?
Some common misconceptions about Linkedin Profiles include:
1. You can “set it and forget it” It is NOT a “one and done” thing. Your LinkedIn profile is meant to be dynamic.
2. Nobody looks at profiles. (Really? Check out views in analytics)
3. A LinkedIn Profile is just like a resume.
A LinkedIn Profile is NOT a “one and done” thing. Just like life, it is meant to be dynamic. Whether you are a business owner, work in corporate, are an author, etc., we are all working on projects that change. Your profile is one way of keeping people informed about what is going on in your world.
There are 2 aspects to having a great profile. First, you have to complete ALL of the sections. Then, you want to maintain it by keeping it current and relevant.
𝐶𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝐿𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑒𝑑𝐼𝑛 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑒
Implementing these 5 steps to Creating an Optimized Profile will improve your brand recognition, attract ideal clients, and help you close more deals. Investing the time to complete these steps will pay you back in spades!
1. Know Your Ideal Client and their pain points - write out an Ideal Client Profile. It’s not enough just to “know it in your head”. Get into a brainstorming frame of mind. You need to understand what keeps them up at night and causes headaches during the day.
2. Pick a Lane - Your profile should have only one primary focus even if you wear many hats or have multiple businesses. Niche down and then niche down some more. The more narrow your focus, the more successful your Profile will be.
3. Complete ALL of your Profile Sections - All of your Profile sections should be completed with your Ideal Client in mind. You are speaking directly to them. You want their reaction to your profile to be “Where have you been all of my life??”
4. Create a compelling Banner picture - include a CTA such as "follow me"
5. Professional headshot with the Video activated - Use your mobile app to create your Profile Video that plays “behind” your headshot
Simple right? Yes and no…Each of these steps requires thought and time. If you struggle with copywriting, I recommend getting some help. Same with graphics. You can use canva.com or hire a professional. Fivver or Upwork can be good options if you want to hire someone. Investing time and money in your business is necessary to achieve success.
When it comes to your LinkedIn profile, give it at least as much time and attention as you would to create a website. Done properly, your LinkedIn profile will get as much or more attention as your website. Not only that, it will give you access to an unlimited well of qualified leads.
𝑀𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛 𝑂𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑧𝑒𝑑 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑒
Follow these steps to ensure that your Profile continues to attract quality connections, raise your brand recognition, and grow your business: There are 4 key areas to review and possibly update on a monthly basis:
1. Banner Picture - This is free real estate. Keep it fresh focusing on what you are currently doing in your business. If you are speaking at an event, introducing new services, etc. you can use your banner picture to share that information.
2. Headline - check it against SEO keywords
3. Recommendations - give new recommendations and endorsements at least once a month
4. Check the “Add Section” to see if anything new is available
Want some help making your Profile stand out from the crowd? I provide Profile Audits that will get your Profile working for you! Interested? You can get started here: